The Omni Charlottesville Hotel offers 208 beautifully appointed guestrooms and suites featuring panoramic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, along with a full service restaurant and 12,000 square feet of meeting space. The Omni is located in the heart of downtown at the base of the downtown pedestrian mall. Our location offers a wide variety of local restaurants, pubs, entertainment venues, or even just to take a scenic walk and enjoy the culture of Charlottesville. There are numerous local historic sites that have played a unique role in American history which include: Monticello, the University of Virginia, Ash Lawn-Highland, Historic Court Square and Michie Tavern. Our Blue Ridge Parkway offers unmatched views and our very own downtown mall features daily entertainment at the four theaters which offer live music, movies and theatrical performances.
Although we have a beautiful property and location, our associates are what separate us from the rest of the hotels. Our culture provides an atmosphere that allows our associates to learn and grow in their professional development in a fun environment. We strongly encourage promotions from within our company, and as a result, our staff has a solid hospitality foundation. Our diverse staff comes from many different countries in the world and provides a fantastic atmosphere to develop both from a professional and personal level. Although we offer a complete benefit package for all of our full-time associates, all of our associates are provided the greatest benefit of all which is “opportunity”.
This position is responsible for ensuring proper training and supervision of all restaurant staff. The Restaurant Supervisor is to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures. This position pays $13.00 an hour and is based on a 47 1/2 hour work week.
• 3 years of experience in Food and Beverage Supervision or Management role preferred.
• Manage overall beverage operations including but not limited to Inventory, Par Levels, Depletion items, new items, cocktail recipe;es, beverage standards, bar program and beverage costs.
• Understanding of Food and Beverage financials including cost and par controls is preferred.
• General knowledge of Micros preferred.
• General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power-Point.
• Must have a strong attention to detail as well as strong customer service skills.
• Must be able to obtain TIPS alcohol awareness certification.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Responsible for assigned shift, assisting in overall management.
• Supervise and coordinate assigned shift.
• Assist in overall supervision of the department as outlined in manager’s job description.
• Complete environmental checklist for dining room.
• Spot check liquor pars.
• Order daily supplies.
• Hold pre-meal meetings.
• Follow up on established training steps.
• Handle guest comments and complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
• Stay on the floor during peak hours.
• Communicate with guests and receive feedback.
• Observe, teach and correct staff’s service.
• Monitor each guest experience.
• Examine food preparation and beverage presentation.
• Maintain condition of restaurant, bar, Morsel’s and room service.
• Assist managers in; scheduling, completing weekly payroll, and forecasting both weekly and monthly.
• Participate in interviewing new employees as needed.
• Prepare maintenance request and follow-up.
• Monitor food and liquor requisitions and food waste.
• Check bar controls, shot glass use, red lining, and bottles totally empty daily.
• Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
• P&L accountability for the beverage department.
• Responsible for proper receiving, storing and issuing of all beverage products in the including vending machines.
Must know emergency procedures and work to prevent accidents